The Darkest Day
April 17, 2011 Series: Be Certain: The Gospel According to Luke
Scripture: Luke 23:26–23:56
• When did Christ die?
Preparation Day of the Passover
• How did Christ die?
• Who was there when Christ died?
• Simone of Cyrene
• A great multitude of mourners
• Two criminals
• One mocking
• One believing
• Roman soldiers
• Most mocking
• At least one believing
• Joseph of Arimathea
Next Steps: Why did Christ die?
• The darkest day brought the brightest hope!
• It was the will and good pleasure of the Father for His Son to die as our judicial substitute for sin! (Isaiah 53:10)
• The ground is level at the foot of the cross.