Order of the books
Hosea to Malachi
Memory Verse: Zephaniah 3:16,17
The Old in the New:
No direct quotes by the N.T. writers
• Zephaniah’s Biography
• His name means “The LORD hides”
• Family Information
Clearly identified family
Clearly identified time
• Zephaniah’s Audience
• His hearers = S. Kingdom
• His contemporaries = the last voice before the fall of Judah to the Babylonians
Habakkuk, Nahum, Jeremiah
• Zephaniah’s Message
• The Judgment of the Day of the Lord
• All the earth 1:2-3; 3:8
• Surrounding nations 2:4-15
• Judah & Jerusalem 1:4-2:3; 3:1-7
• The Hope of the Day of the Lord
Next steps in our journey:
• God’s wants me to trust His hand is active in human history – bringing about His plans and purposes.
• God demands of me humble submission.
• God offers me hope by restoring my relationship to Him, and to others.
• God reminds me that true peace is found in Him, not in my surrounding circumstances.