Why, O Lord?
August 27, 2017 Series: Habakkuk
Scripture: Habakkuk 1:12– 2:20
I. Habakkuk’s second address to God. 1:12-2:1
A. His proclamation.
1. The affirmation of God’s character.
2. The affirmation of God’s covenant.
B. His perplexity: The Prophet turns his question from “How long?” to “Why them?”
C. His prospect: I expectantly await your answer
II. God’s second answer to Habakkuk. 2:2-20
A. God’s directive – Write!
B. God’s description.
1. He is sovereign.
2. He is just.
C. God’s declaration.
1. Woe to the plunderer. 6-8
2. Woe to the exploiter. 9-11
3. Woe to the ruthless. 12-14
4. Woe to the shameful. 15-17
5. Woe to the idolater. 18-20
~ In troubling and uncertain times, find comfort in the character and nature of God!
~ In troubling and uncertain times, find comfort in the plans and purposes of God!
More in Habakkuk
September 3, 2017A Song in the Night
August 20, 2017How long, O Lord?