June 22, 2014 Series: Jesus...the anchor of our soul!
Scripture: Hebrews 7:1–7:10
I. The Person of Melchizedek (Genesis 14
A. His Designations
1. King of Salem
2. Priest of El Elyon
B. His Definition
1. Melchizedek - king of righteousness
2. King of Salem - king of peace
C. His Depiction
1. No Genealogy
2. No Birth/Death Certificates
II. The Position of Melchizedek
A. Superior to Abraham
1. Abraham gave a Tithe.
2. Melchizedek gave a Blessing.
B. Superior to Levi
1. This case, that case
2. Representative presence of Levi
• Considering greatness should bring a worshipful response!
• Considering greatness should bring a humble response!
• Considering greatness should bring a giving response!
• Considering greatness should bring a discerning response!
More in Jesus...the anchor of our soul!
November 30, 2014Worship through the Reading & Hearing of God's Word
November 23, 2014Parting Words
November 16, 2014A Royal Priesthood