Five Principles About Finding a Mate?
February 9, 2014 Pastor: Dr. Wayne Vanderwier
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:9–5:10
1. Goal: have a biblical "life purpose". 2 Corinthians 5:9-10 -- we make our aim to please him -- not yourself, not others
2. Purpose: Discover God's will for your life. Genesis 2:15 --
3. Standards: Determine, before tempted, to "give nothing away". Not your heart (Psalm 51:10). Not your body (1 Thessalonians 4:3)
4. Counsel: Seek & submit to the counsel of your parents. Ephesians 6:1-2; Galatians 4:2. Take yes & no the same -- God says yes, no, wait ( no for now). Everything that God does is good! Honor your parents all the time.
5. Learn a new "model for meeting".
NOT THIS: crossing paths, intersection
BUT THIS: moving in a direction & meet another along the way. Merge on the way toward serving Christ.