His Name Shall Be Called...
December 23, 2012 Series: His Name Shall Be Called
Scripture: Isaiah 9:1–9:7
• The Prophecy of the Messiah v. 1,2
A. Matthew 4:15-16
B. Luke 1:78-79
• The Pleasure of the Messiah v. 3,4
A. Like reapers of a great harvest
B. Like soldiers after a great victory
C. Like prisoners of war being released
• The Peace of the Messiah v. 5
• The Person of the Messiah v. 6,7
A. Divine conception
B. Divine choice
C. Divine character
D. Divine conduct
E. Divine completion
• JESUS reminds us of our sin problem.
• IMMANUEL reminds us that God has offered the solution to the sin problem.
• “The child that is born and the son that is given” reminds us that God’s will is accomplished.
“The Gift has been given – receive it!”