October 21, 2012 Series: The Pastoral Epistles
Scripture: 1 Timothy 5:1–5:16
I. Proper Relationship to older men
Treat them as respected father.
II. Proper Relationship to younger men
Treat them as a brother.
III. Proper Relationship to older women
Treat them as a mother.
IV. Proper Relationship to younger women
Treat them as a sister.
V. Proper Relationship to widows
A. Categories of Widows
1. The Physical:
a. a widow with nothing
b. a widow with family
c. a widow who is older
d. a widow who is younger
2. The Spiritual:
a. Godly Widows
b. Straying Widows
c. Unbelieving Widows
B. Care of Widows
1. Physical family responsibilities
2. Church family responsibilities
• Inventory your daily relationships. Who gets excluded from 1 Timothy 5:1? No One!
• Who needs to be cared for in your earthly family?
• Who needs to be cared for in your church family?
• A statement to our widows.